Tax Exempt Organizations:
Formation and Tax Exempt Status Qualifications
Our firm can effectuate the formation of tax exempt organizations under state law and can obtain qualified tax exempt status from the IRS. It also assists in the related steps to formation of the entity including things such as establishing an EIN for the organization as well as the initital registrations and set up of the organization.
The firm can also provide ongoing legal guidance as to tax, operational and governance compliance requirements. It can also prepare all required tax returns and make sure the entity stays tax and legally compliant.
The following are some of the major services provided in this area of tax law:
- Formation of tax exempt organizations under state law
- Submission of application to the IRS for tax exempt approval.
- Legal guidance as to tax and governance compliance requirements
- Drafting of initial organizational documentation including articles of organization, by-laws and initial corporate minutes.
- Annual compliance matters including corporate minutes and other required legal documents as needed
- Tax return preparation