Tax issues arise in every type of businss or legal transaction. For business, tax issues arise from the inception of operations until the ultimate sale or liquidation of such business. Tax counsel can be invaluable as tax matters arise when the following events occur:
- Choice of entity determination when operations commence
- Admission of new equity whether it be shareholders, partners or members of an LLC
- Participation for management and shareholder, partnership or membership agreements
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Tax Free Spinoffs, Split-offs under Section 355 of the Internal Revenue Code
- F Reorganizations
- Transfers to the next generation and so-called exit strategies
- Potential sale of the business.
- Liquidation or Dissolution of the Business
Some of the above events may involve or impact:
- Estate planning
- Federal and state income or corporate tax minimization planning
- Changes to both state and federal tax laws
- Tax issues arising in labor & employment and commercial litigation.
To render meaningful advice our firm works hard to understand our client’s needs and develops hand-tailored tax solutions to meet those needs by structuring transactions to minimize adverse tax consequences. We work dligently with both our clients and their accountants to insure that the proposed tax strategies provide the most tax-efficient end result. It is clear that every client or business is unique with it own special needs and goals so that it imortant to carve out a tax strategy or business transaction that is in the client's best interest from both a tax and business perspective.